Big Data Foundation
- The Big Data Foundation certification is designed to provide candidates with a well-rounded understanding of big data.
- It covers the potential data sources that can be used for solving real business problems and an overview of data mining and the tools used in it.
- This is a fundamental course with practical, hands-on, exercises to experience using two of the most popular technologies in big data processing- Hadoop and MongoDB.
- Candidates will get the opportunity to practice installing these two technologies through lab exercises.
- The course exposes candidates to real-life big data technologies with the purpose of obtaining results from real datasets, including major social media platforms.
- After completing the course, candidates will be equipped with fundamental big data knowledge, and introduced to a working development environment containing Hadoop and MongoDB, installed by them.
- This practical knowledge can be used as a starting point in the journey into big data.
Big Data Foundation is best suited to IT professionals who possess intermediate to advanced programming, system administration, or relational database skills and are looking to move into the area of big data.
- Software Engineers
- Application Developers
- IT Architects
- System Administrators
- Data Analysts and Scientists
There is no pre-requisite for this certification.
- Exam Type: Multiple Choice
- Number of Questions: 40
- Duration of Exam: 1 Hour
- Additional Time Provisions: 15 minutes additional time for candidates who speak English as a second language.
- Open Book: No
- Pass Score: 65%
- Mode of Exam: Paper based
Big Data Fundamentals
- Big Data- History, Overview, and Characteristics
- Big Data Technologies – Overview
- Big Data Success Stories
- Big Data – Privacy and Ethics
- Big Data Projects
Big Data Sources
- Enterprise Data Sources
- Social Media Data Sources
- Public Data Sources
Data Mining – Concepts and Tools
- Data Mining – Introduction
- Data Mining – Tools
Big Data Technologies – Hadoop
- Hadoop Fundamentals
- Install and Configure
- Data Processing with Hadoop
- Big Data Technologies – MongoDB
- MongoDB Fundamentals
- Install and Configure
- Document Databases
- Data Modelling with Document Databases
Big Data Foundation will establish the foundation for professionals to work with structured and unstructured data and glean value-adding insights. They will have gained:
- A detailed understanding of Big Data and Data Mining concepts.
- Ability to identify and obtain relevant datasets when looking at a business problem.
- Ability to install and manage Big Data processing environments based on Hadoop or MongoDB at a departmental level.