Certified Sourcing Governance Foundation
Below is the overview for Certified Sourcing Governance Foundation:
- The Sourcing Governance Foundation course provides a basic knowledge of what the main concepts of outsourcing and sourcing governance are and how they can be applied.
- Best practice shows that implementing and operating a Sourcing Governance Function will require staff awareness and understanding of the key principles and concepts of outsourcing and sourcing governance.
- In this course an interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and exercises.
Target audience for this Certified Sourcing Governance Foundation are:
- Our Sourcing certification is designed for all professionals with a role or aspiring to a role in managing IT services.
- Professionals at both clients and providers in the IT industry who have little experience in outsourcing and who want to get a kick-start on this topic.
Some experience working in an IT organization is recommended.
- Number of questions: 40
- Duration of Exam: 1 hour
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice
- Mode of Exam: Closed book
- Passing Score: 70% (28 out of 40)
- Paper based exam
Following are the course contents for Certified Sourcing Governance Foundation:
- Introduction to Outsourcing and Governance, Sourcing Strategy, Scoping the outsourcing opportunity, Selection of providers and Due Diligence, Contracting the services
- Transition, Demand Supply Governance, Implementing a Demand Supply Organization, feedback session and exam.
The following are the benefits for an Certified Sourcing Governance Foundation:
Benefits for Individuals:
- Develop positive, long-term, results-driven relationships with external service providers.
- Gain exposure to and general knowledge of the basic principles and skills of the outsourcing industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge against an independently developed set of industry-wide standards.
- Understand the challenges of implementing and operating a sourcing governance function.
- Earn PMI PDUs and IAOP certification points.
Benefits for Organization:
- Restore managerial control and manage risk on the part of providers.
- Deliver improved management of sourcing IT projects resulting in better, more consistent results.
- Encourage staff awareness and understanding of key principles and concepts of outsourcing and sourcing governance.
- Understand the changing role of the IT organization when outsourcing and act accordingly.
- Reduce costs, focus on core competencies, shorten time to market and improve quality of service through effective management of outsourcing.