Certified DEVOPS Master
DevOps is an emerging set of principles, methods and practices for communication, collaboration and integration between software development (application/software engineering) and IT operations (systems administration/ infrastructure) professionals. It has developed in response to the emerging understanding of the interdependence and importance of both the development and operations disciplines in meeting an organization's goal of rapidly producing software products and services.
- Application or Service Developers, Agile Scrum Masters, Test Engineers, Test Managers, IT Service Managers, Process Managers and Lean IT Practitioners.
- Individuals and organisations seeking a fundamental understanding of DevOps
- Employees, managers, stakeholders and suppliers who are leading or contributing to an organisation’s DevOps initiatives.
- Consultants guiding their clients through DevOps programs and process improvement initiatives.
- DevOps engineer, product owner, integration specialist, operations manager, software developer, incident and change manager, system administrator, network administrator, business manager, automation architect, enterprise architect, program manager, project manager, release manager, CIO.
- Internal and external suppliers
- Exam Duration: 120 minutes
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice
- Exam Pass Mark: 65%
- Electronic Devices Permitted: No
- Open Book: No
- Prerequisites: None. Basic familiarity with IT and IT frameworks (Agile, Lean, ITSM) is recommended
An understanding for following topics will be assesssed to certifiy a professional as DevOps Master:
- DevOps Mindset and Benefits
- Organizational Culture
- Planning, requirements, and design
- Application or Service Lifecycle Management
- Project Charter (Defining Scope) & Visual Control
- Infrastructure and Architecture Design
- Service Level Requirements and Agreements
- Implementing a Testing Strategy
- Development and deployment
- Continuous Delivery & Continuous Integration
- Deployment Pipeline
- Continuous Deployment
- Automation, Tools and Testing
- Operation and Scaling
- Managing Data; Infrastructure and Environments; and Components and Dependencies
- Configuration Management and Version Control
- Cloud and Immutable Infrastructure
- Business Continuity
- Conditions for End-of-Life of a product or service
A DevOps Master certified professional will facilitate DevOps successfully in a team and leads the organization to:
- Continuous Integration: easy hand-off from Development to Operations and Support
- Continuous Deployment: release continuously or as per the requirement
- Continuous Feedback: feedback from stakeholders are looked for during all lifecycle stages
- Having a blame-free culture of sharing stories and developing empathy,
- Providing applications and services for the business Just-in-Time (JiT)