Certification Rules and Policies
- Candidate need to fill the application with all the required information after receiving the result as pass from IGC. IGC randomly audits applications to validate the candidate's eligibility to certification. A candidate whose application is being audited will be notified in writing office and given a reasonable timeframe to provide any additional documentation if required. If a candidate does not respond by the deadline, or does not provide the required documentation within the given time frame, he or she may be declared ineligible.
- All candidate applications shall be evaluated objectively without regard to age, sex, race, religion, national origin, or marital status.
- A candidate who needs special accommodations must make the request in writing along with all the relevant documents and allow an extra two weeks for processing of the application.
- Certification will be denied or revoked for any of the following reasons:
- Falsification of application
- Violation of testing procedures
- Failure to pass the examination
- Requests for an appeal must be made no later than 30 days after the applicant is denied certification. Within 30 days after the receipt of the written appeal, IGC must provide the applicant with a written response.
Exam Retake Policy
- Candidates who fail their first attempt at an exam can retake it at any time.
- If a Candidate does not pass the exam in the second attempt, the candidate must wait for a period of at least fourteen calendar days from the date of their attempt to retake the exam for third time or any subsequent time
- The exam can be taken any number of times.
- All original vouchers must be used prior to their expiration dates, without exception
- For additional information regarding this policy and requests for accommodations, please contact us at
Cancellation, Reschedule and Refund Policy for Exams
- Canceling an IGC certification exam must contact at least 72 hours in advance online to get the full refund, candidates who reschedule an IGC exam will not be charged a fee of each time they reschedule before 72 hours.
- Canceling or rescheduling an exam less than 72 hours is subject to a forfeit of exam fee. Exam fee is also forfeited for no-shows.
Every 3 year, certified professionals would need to provide IGC with the details of using/practicing/implementing knowledge/skills for the certification they hold. Various certification have different number of hours requirement.
In addition, certified professionals need to abide to IGC’s code of ethics.
There is NO maintenance/renewal fee on IGC certificates.
Complain and Appeal Procedure
- Submission, investigation and decision on complaints or appeal shall not result in any discriminatory actions against the complainant.
- Customers, organizations, certified persons can raise a complaint or appeal in regards to the certification decisions, rules, policies or procedures of IGC.
- When the candidate disagrees with the evaluation/assessment done by IGC he or she must provide the reasons for disagreement to IGCfor review.
- The complaint shall be submitted through mail immediately after receiving the re-evaluated decision and no later than 15 working days after receiving the decision.
- Complaints will be responded within 5 working days from receiving the complaint mail date.
- IGC will take appropriate correction and corrective actions as and when required.
- If the Complainant agrees with the outcome at this stage then the complaint will be closed. If the Complainant is not satisfied with the outcome, then he or she may file an Appeal.
- Appeals will be handled by the 3 member committee of IGC.
- IGC will keep track and record of all Complaints, including actions taken.