Certified SIAM Foundation
Service Integration and Management (SIAM) is an approach to managing multiple suppliers of services (business services as well as information technology services) and integrating them to provide a single business-facing IT organisation. It aims at seamlessly integrating interdependent services from various internal and external service providers into end-to-end services in order to meet business requirements.
Service Integration and Management (SIAM) is a model to create a service integration layer to manage interdependent services from multiple internal and external vendors.
Service integration and management (SIAM) is a management methodology that can be applied in an environment that includes services sourced from a number of service providers.
SIAM has a different level of focus to traditional multi-sourced ecosystems with one customer and multiple suppliers. It provides governance, management, integration, assurance and coordination to ensure that the customer organization gets maximum value from its service providers.
SIAM governance operates at three levels in the ecosystem:
The SIAM methodology encompasses:
- Structural elements
This certification is aimed at professionals worldwide who have an interest in the practices of Service Integration and Management or that want to implement this methodology in an organisation, in particular those professionals who are already working with IT Service Management processes.
- Chief Strategy Officers (CSOs)
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technical Officers (CTOs)
- SIAM Consultants/sales
- Service managers
- Project and programme managers
- Service delivery roles
- Change managers
- Business relationship managers
- Commercial managers
- Solution architects
- Business change practitioners
- Management consultants
- Process managers/owners
There is no prerequisite for this course. Only recommended to have knowledge of IT Service Management terminology.
- Examination type: Computer-based or paper-based multiple-choice questions
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Open book/notes: No
- Electronic equipment/aides permitted: No
- Time allotted for examination: 60 minutes
SIAM Foundation course objectives
- Introduction to Service Integration and Management
- Service Integration and Management Implementation Roadmap
- Service Integration and Management Structures
- Service Integration and Management roles and responsibilities
- Service Integration and Management practices
- Service Integration and Management Cultural considerations
- Service Integration and Management challenges and risks
Key benefits of moving to a well managed multisourced IT organisation can include:
- Improved governance and control of suppliers and services AND costs.
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness across IT Service delivery.
- The potential to optimize value from suppliers
- Greater flexibility to plug-and-plug new suppliers into the SIAM ecosystem.
- Better service and cost predictability.
- A single point of accountability for end-to-end service delivery to the business
- A mechanism to enhance alignment of IT priorities with business objectives